The Australian Consumer Law and Your Rights
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) protects consumers by giving them certain guaranteed rights when they buy goods and services. For example, the ACL requires that goods must be free of defects, and do what they are meant to do. Services must be carried out with care and skill. These rights, which the ACL says automatically apply whenever goods or services are supplied to a consumer, are called ‘Consumer Guarantees’.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.
Consumer Guarantees have no set time limit but generally last for an amount of time that is reasonable to expect given factors including the cost and quality of the product or any representations made.
ZEMEL Refund And Warranty Policies
- The returned product is physically damaged because of improper use
- The returned product is dismantled, soldered, modified, cut or deformed
- The returned product is painted or marked
- The returned product is incomplete such as lost some parts.
ZEMEL Return Steps
Faulty Product Returns
If you are experiencing issues with your product, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions and corresponding answers first. If you are unable to find an answer or solution to your issue, please Contact Us and we are always here to help. Please note that where products are faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage or fault must be submitted to us within 3 days of receipt of the product, failure to do so may result in your claim being denied.
To lodge a claim:
- Simply Contact Our Team and provide us with a description of the fault. To assist our team in providing you with a speedy resolution, please take photos and/or a short video demonstrating the damage or fault with your product, they are very very helpful to sort out problems.
- Our Support team will review your claim and attempt to troubleshoot and resolve the issue for you without the need to return your product.
- If it is determined via troubleshooting that your product may be faulty, our team will provide instructions to have the product returned for assessment. If the product does need to be returned, we will arrange return shipping at no cost to you.
- Once we receive the product, our experienced technicians will assess it and determine how to best resolve the issue.
As an online retailer, we do not have physical retail stores where you can return your faulty products. As such, it is important that you provide our team with as much information as possible (including photos and/or videos) to ensure your product fault can be diagnosed promptly, and so that we can resolve your issue.
Change of Mind Returns
You must notify us within 14 days of taking delivery of your product and request a return under this policy. If there is no proof of the delivery date it will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the product.
The product must be returned to us within 10 business days of your request to return your product.
You must return the product at your own cost and you must comply with the directions for returning the product that our staff provide to you. The product will remain your responsibility during transit until they are received at the address supplied by our staff. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may occur during transit.
After receiving the returned product, we will issue a store credit (order price) as soon as is reasonably practicable and you will receive an e-mail acknowledgement when it get processed.